Monday, April 29, 2013

Its a good day to blog.


 My old keyboard served me well: I got it back when I built my first computer back in the late 00's but most of the keys stuck when I hit them, and even the keys that did work were very hit and miss. When your keyboard is mostly used to type phrases like "pizza hut colorado springs" or "olivia munn magic mike" rapid response isn't really something that one would care about. However when you are using that same keyboard to play games on steam, your key presses really need to precise, and an input in the vein of "wadaawssddddddddddddddddd" will just get you killed. I tried to clean the ol' girl by taking it apart and putting all the plastic bits in the dishwasher. This did wonders for the appearance of the thing. which is now shiny and new like a baby lobster, but it did horrors for the performance. About half the keys became completely unresponsive and useless, and unless I wanted to justneverusethespacebaragain, I really needed to get a new keyboard. The Logitech K750 said it was solar powered, and since I hate batteries this seemed like the way to go. I was blown away by how easy it was to use, I literally connected the dongle, turned it on and was using it about 30 seconds after I opened the box. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I am very impressed, It is easily the best keyboard I've ever had.

I've been playing more video games than normal lately (this may be hard to believe but keep an open mind) and I've given most of the new games that have come out a shot. Bioshock: Infinite just isn't that fun to play. There are a few styles of shooters out there; First you have the Halo/Gears of War types where your character is a bullet sponge that shrugs off gunshots like a hot girl shakes off copulation requests. In this type of game you have to shoot an enemy about a thousand times, chuck a few grenades at him and then beat his face in with a rock before he will die. Then you have the Call of Duty types where soldiers wear armor made of wet construction paper, and every person runs around like headless chickens trying to kill each other as many times as possible, and twitch reflexes are king.

Bioshock Infinite is a game where you have the armor of a call of duty, and every single enemy is from Halo. 2 bullets to the face and you are dead, but about halfway through the game you start fighting enemies who absorb bullets like the quilted-fucking-picker uppers absorbs spilled fluids. Maybe I just suck at games but this was the hardest game I've played in a very, very long time. Every new enemy encounter I thought to myself "Shit, I have to shoot MORE guys now?" instead of "huzzah! more guys to shoot!" Great story though.

This comic has made me laugh at least 5 times. Please read it and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment